The Fingal Chamber Skillnet Leadership Development Programme is aimed at those in management or seeking a leadership role. These workshops are designed to help you:
• Lead yourself and your business: leadership issues for you, your business, and your team to include remote working, making hard decisions, prioritisation and focus
• Finance planning and strategy: risk management, continuity planning, access to funding for growth, cashflow and reducing costs
• Innovation, creativity and resilience: creativity and problem-solving, possibility thinking, collaboration, partnerships and diversification
• Sales growth strategy: generate innovative ways to increase income by attracting new clients, sales of new products/services, and margin management
• Your brand and marketing strategy: planning current and future communication to drive sales now and in the future
• Drive growth through digital: planning current and future communication to drive sales now and in the future with a stronger online presence, using tech and smart tools
The Fingal Chamber Skillnet Leadership Development Programme will be delivered over 12 weeks by the Entrepreneur's Academy with three main parts:
1. Interactive Group Workshops
2. Disc Assessment and De-brief
3. Leadership Mastermind Network
1. INTERACTIVE GROUP WORKSHOPS – 6 X 3 hours each
Six live interactive group workshops delivered online – every other week, each 3 hours in duration.
The programme will be delivered as follows:
Programme Launch - 17th Aug 2pm - 3pm
Leadership Interactive Group Workshops x 6 - every Tuesday for 6 weeks from 13th Sept 2022 9:30am - 12:30pm
Leadership Mastermind Network (see Below) every Thursday from 22nd Sept 2022 - 9:30am - 1pm (with break 11- 11:30am)
2. DISC ASSESSMENT & DE-BRIEF
DISC Personality Assessments will be undertaken by each participant. DISC is a personal assessment tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork, leadership, sales, and communication. DISC measures individual personality and behavioral style.
We are a certified and licensed DISC delivery agent and our team will ensure that each online assessment is fully de-briefed with each participant for clarity of their strengths both individually and as a partnership. This will allow them to build greater self-awareness and also additional insight into their partner.
DISC will be overviewed in session 1 prior to participant taking the assessment to ensure participants understand its purpose and value prior to taking the assessment.
3. LEADERSHIP MASTERMIND – 8 X 1.5 hours (2 groups of 10)
Have you ever taken the time to think about what makes an effective leader? Through this Mastermind, you will invest your time and energy into becoming a great leader!
The demand for great leaders has never been higher and people want leaders who can be trusted. Becoming an effective leader requires adhering to a code of conduct and character. Based on the teachings of Dr. John Maxwell, #1 New York Times bestselling author and leadership expert, this Mastermind takes you through his 21 Laws of Leadership.
• Do you have a personal set of values, beliefs and goals that you hold yourself accountable to?
• Similarly, do you have a personal set of values, beliefs and goals that you hold your company accountable to?
• Do you know your leadership pain points?
• Are you courageous enough to honestly ask yourself the questions nobody else is willing to and then lead from your learning?
The Mastermind will allow participants to gain leadership and management skills so that they can engage their team in advancing the strategy as well. The personal growth with high level leaders who rarely take the time to do this work is consistently rated with high marks for having an impact on both the individual and the business.
4. TOOLS AND DEVELOPMENT PRODUCTS
Tools have been developed to help you get more clarity, to take control across the whole business and to drive forward with growth as the focus.
• Strategic Action Plan template built from the 6 Action Plan templates across the key areas addressed in the programme (see Programme Overview infographic)
• Business Dashboard - to act as a visual guide for the business performance key metrics
• Training slides
• DISC Reports - to ensure partners are contributing from areas of strength and sourcing additional skills where required
• Mentoring templates and reports - to guide and record focused actions
• All materials are hosted on our Virtual Leaning Environment - Moodle
• Virtual/online classroom based, delivered through ZOOM online platform up until a time at which the client decides to return to the classroom
• Each workshop includes periods of teaching (using ppt/whiteboard/video and other tools) interspersed with highly practical online breakout groups where participants can work in small teams to problem-solve (supported by the facilitator)
Capacity – Numbers will be limited to 20 participants to ensure maximum engagement.
Primary outcomes participants can expect following completion are:
1. Each participant will create a strategy document that will be the foundation for new growth in their business, while safe-guarding from risk (COVID-19 reoccurrence, ongoing challenges of Brexit and otherwise). This strategy will include specific actions in the areas of leadership and risk management; finance; innovation; sales; marketing and digital presence. Measurable targets and a timeline will be key to the strategy to ensure that growth can be measured as an outcome of participation in this programme.
2. Each participant will obtain the tools, resources, and a peer network to fulfil the strategy. The group will have the ability to maintain a ‘Board You Can’t Afford’ network, as we will provide the structure and direction of supporting one another through the programme and after completion by meeting on a monthly or regular basis going forward.
3. Each participant will distinguish what it will take to grow their business and determine if they are prepared to accept the challenge. This will require the participant to demonstrate new management skills and an investment of both time and finance in making changes to their ‘normal’ way of operating their business. Growth doesn’t happen without change.
This programme will strengthen their management skills and grow their businesses while providing them with strategies for success as businesses build up post COVID-19. We will look at what another series of COVID-19 shutdowns would do and how to prepare for this, along with ongoing Brexit implications. For many, they will see these as valid challenges, but through innovation, we will direct their attention to the opportunities that might be present, simply unrevealed at the moment.