International Trade Compliance - Professional Diploma
Date and Time
Tuesday Apr 4, 2023
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM IST
Members and Non-members 2800 Euro
*Chamber members must log in or use a promo code to be eligible for member-only rates and options.
For details on how to access the Member Information Centre, please click here.
Professional Diploma in International Trade Compliance
“The course has given me a better insight into foreign markets and their customs requirements
which should help us assess and expedite export orders more efficiently and allow us to grow our
territory with a bit more confidence and base knowledge.”
The Professional Diploma in International Trade Compliance aims to educate existing and aspiring international trade professionals around the world. We offer the most current and practical education and training on all aspects of international trade, compliance and regulations - taught by world-class experts. Our training focuses on the practical side of business to ensure that our learners are adequately supported and skilled to face the challenges that may arise in their markets.
Topics covered include:
1.) Customs for Business
The module gives a holistic understanding of Customs and its potential impact on business.
- The role of Customs activities and processes
- International contracts
- Impact of Customs on supply chain
- Special procedures
2.) Risk Analysis and Compliance
The module will focus on the techniques used to monitor, identify, analyse and address risk in relation to Customs and international trading procedures.
- The concept and types of risk
- Assessing risk severity
- Fundamentals of risk management for safety, security, and fiscal compliance
3.) Classification and Tariffs
The module covers all aspects of the classification of goods - application, validation and the use of online databases (e.g., TARIC)
- General interpretive rules (GIR)
- Binding Tariff Information (BTI)
The module explores the methods used to calculate Customs value.
- Customs valuation concepts and the relevant legislation
- Methods used to calculate the Customs value of goods
5.) Origin of Goods
The module will focus on the origin of goods which determines their economic nationality.
- Origin concepts, including preferential and non-preferential
- Methods to determine origin of goods
- Binding Origin Information (BOI)
- Proof of origin
6.) Supply Chain Operations
The module will cover all aspects of import, export, and transit in relation to core Custom flows and supply chain of trade.
- Integrated supply chain (Customs and Trade)
- Optimising smooth supply chain operations
- Safety and security of your supply chain
7.) Prohibition, Restrictions and Sanctions
The module will cover the identification and management of prohibited and restricted goods in keeping with safety and security standards in the EU.
- Prohibited and restricted goods e.g., Dual Use
- Impact on Customs processes
- Counterfeit goods
This course is aimed at professionals from all sectors, working (or seeking roles) in Customs, logistics, supply chain, trade compliance, finance, law and risk management.
Find out more