Effective Telephone Sales Techniques
Date and Time
Tuesday Aug 23, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM IST
Tues 23rd Aug 2022
10am - 5pm
Break for lunch 1pm - 2pm
Live Instructor-Led Webinar
Chamber Members 100 euro
Non-Members 150 euro
*Fingal Chamber members must log in to be eligible for member-only rates and options.
For details on how to access the Member Information Centre, please click here.
Effective Telephone Sales Techniques
“Increase sales & build customer relationships over the telephone”
The aim of this online workshop is to help sales staff achieve a greater understanding of what motivates people to buy and become more effective in their ability to influence and communicate with customers using the telephone in order to grow sales. The participants will gain a greater awareness of customer’s expectations, learning to develop the necessary skills and techniques in using the telephone to confidently increase sales whilst building valuable customer relations.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for all sales staff who handle all kinds of sales calls, from handling incoming sales calls, customer enquiries as well as making outgoing calls to new, existing or dormant customers - includes all levels of sales staff
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
· Get the best from every call – work the numbers, develop relationships and generate leads
· Improve efficiency on the telephone through better preparation and planning
· Overcome reluctance, build confidence, assertively know how and when to lead a call
· Create an impact with a powerful voice – its not what you say, its how you say it
· Have the right attitude, create an impression & learn to really listen to customers
· Ask the right questions to qualify sales and get customer feedback
· Pre-empt customers’ expectations, build a case, handle objections and qualify the price
· Learn to recognise buying signals and know when to ask for the order / next step
· Follow up and keep in touch with customers to build opportunities & sales for the future
· Overcome reluctance & build confidence through preparation and planning
· The power of your voice to communicate effectively & influence customers
· Have a positive attitude to create a great impression and build rapport
· Guide the customer through the 4 steps of the sales call to generate sales
· Deliver the perfect sales pitch to grab the customers attention and build interest
· Ask skillful questions & listen intently to identify what the customer really needs
· Talk the customer’s language, present relevant benefits and make a connection
· Handle objections, qualify the price and deal with rejection
· Avoid overselling, recognise verbal buying signals and ask for the order / appointment
· Work the numbers, remember to follow up and analysis your calls for continuous improvement
Training is delivered online over two live classroom sessions (3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.
Find Out More