Digital Marketing QQI Programme (Info Session)
This Diploma in Digital Marketing programme is designed to give participants a greater understanding of online marketing and practical knowledge of digital tools. It will equip participants with up-to-date techniques and tools that can be implemented immediately. Choice of 12 week / 6 week programmes.
Delivered online over a series of 12 modules, each module focuses on a specific area of Digital Marketing allowing participants to develop a solid understanding across a wide variety of topics.
Who is this programme for: Owner / Manager, Person responsible for Sales Growth / Marketing
· Digital Marketing Planning & Strategy
· Developing an Effective Website
· Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
· Google Ads & Search Engine Marketing
· Content Marketing Strategy
· Email Marketing & Lead Generation
· Creating Display Advertising Campaigns
· Social Media Marketing
· Video Marketing
· Data-Driven Marketing & Website Analytics
On completion, participants will have a solid grounding in this field and be in a position to develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy and implementation plan as well as manage campaigns for their company or business. Participants who complete the programme will also have the option to go forward for a QQI Level 5 Minor Award (5N1364) in Digital Marketing.
The 12-module programme will be delivered online (via live video platform such as Zoom) over 6 weeks or 12 weeks, as below:
- Starting 16th September until 2nd December
- Every Friday morning, from 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Online via live Zoom
- Starting 13th October until 18th November
- Every Thursday and Friday mornings, from 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Online via live Zoom
Please see below for a brief outline of each module and key topics.
Module 1: Creating a Digital Marketing Strategy (3-hour module)
Creating an effective digital marketing strategy which is integrated into your overall marketing plan is the first step in ensuring your digital marketing plan supports your business objectives. In this module you will learn how to:
· Define your ideal business objectives
· Clarify your target audience and understand their needs
· Identify & understand the competitive landscape
· Clarify your audience?s online habits or behaviours, and design tactics to respond
Module 2: Developing an Effective Website (3-hour module)
Put together an informed website brief and understand the process behind planning, designing, developing, and launching an effective website. Topics include:
· Web solutions and technologies
· What does good website development look like?
· Understanding the process in developing a website; communicating with your web developers
· Creating a good user experience (UX); optimising the user journey.
Module 3: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) (3-hour module)
SEO is focused on growing your website?s visibility and awareness in organic search engine results. This module will help you evaluate your current performance, understand the principles of on-page and off-page SEO, and the key steps to ensuring your website is found online. Topics include:
· Understanding Search Engines
· How to maintain and improve your website?s visibility
· On-page and Off-page SEO, Local and Technical SEO
· Measuring your SEO performance and planning your SEO strategy.
Module 4: Google Ads & Search Engine Marketing (3-hour module)
In this module you will learn how to plan, execute & measure paid search campaigns using Google Ads ? the main platform for paid search advertising. Topics include:
· Understanding the Google Ads platform
· Planning for your Google Ads campaigns
· The fundamentals of keyword bidding, targeting and good ad copy
· Live Google Ads demo (in class)
· How to effectively build, manage and optimise search ad campaigns.
Module 5: Creating a High-Impact Content Marketing Strategy (3-hour module)
You will gain a better understanding of content marketing and learn how to set clear goals for the content you create, as well as how to identify your target audience, how to write appropriate content for them and how best to reach them. Topics include:
· Content Marketing vs Inbound Marketing vs Social Media Marketing
· Understanding your story and developing content for your audience ? on the right channels
· How to adopt a voice and tone for your brand
· Creating a compelling blog.
Module 6: Email Marketing & Lead Generation (3-hour module)
Understand how to design, build, deliver & measure email marketing campaigns to ensure you get the best possible return, and develop an effective email marketing strategy for your business. Topics include:
· Building a quality database and GDPR
· Creating effective content for your email
· Track and measure your campaign performance
· Using Automation & Sequencing for High Return
Module 7: Creating Display Advertising Campaigns (3-hour module)
Online display advertising conveys your business message visually using text, logos, animations, videos etc. or a combination of these to create ads that appear on 3rd-party websites or social media platforms. Unlike traditional offline advertising, online display advertising allows you to reach relevant defined audiences with a creative message, provide an instant call-to-action and is crucially measurable. Topics include:
· Types of display advertising
· The Google Display Network (GDN) and how it works
· How to target (and re-target) your audience
· Optimising & reporting on your campaigns
Modules 8 & 9: Social Media Marketing (2 x 3-hour modules)
In these two modules, you will learn how to develop and implement an effective social media strategy that is suited to your brand proposition and target customer. You will look at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, & TikTok, and learn which platform or platforms are best suited to your business. Topics include:
· Defining Social Media Marketing objectives
· Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & TikTok for business
· Publishing best practices & the importance of storytelling
· Social media management tools
· Implementing paid social media advertising campaigns
· Creating a publishing plan and social media marketing strategy.
Module 10: Creating Live Action Marketing Videos (3-hour module)
Learn how to plan, produce, and edit successful videos for your business to achieve maximum return. You will learn how to tailor each video you create for your specific target audience to ensure that each video is concise, relevant and has a clear tone and style. Topics include:
· Types of videos; identifying the purpose of your video and target audience
· Developing your content strategy; planning and building your video
· Authenticity & capturing attention
· Analysing what makes an effective video.
Module 11: Data-Driven Marketing & Website Analytics (3-hour module)
Learn how to make informed changes to your website or marketing activities based on real data from Google Analytics & build a strategy that will lead to growth. You will learn how to set up and use Google Analytics (GA) and will gain an understanding of the key terms, metrics, and common reports. Topics include:
· Understanding Google Analytics (GA), key metrics and terminology
· Key reports; Real-time, Audience, Acquisition, Behaviour & Conversions
· Assessing the performance of your digital marketing activities
· Setting up GA tracking: Goals and e-commerce conversions.
Module 12: Creating an Integrated Digital Marketing Plan & Strategy (3-hour module)
During this module you will combine all your learnings from the previous 11 modules to create and plan an integrated digital campaign for your organisation as part of your overall marketing plan. You will also learn how to manage your budget and maximise your ROI. On completion, you will have everything you need, from templates to tools, to create an integrated digital marketing campaign for your business. Topics include:
· Using the SOSTAC framework
· Carrying out a digital audit of your company, market environment and competitive landscape
· Planning your budget
· Clarifying your target audience and mapping customer personas to relevant digital channels
· Creating a target content plan.
Certification and QQI Level 5 Minor Award (5N1364)
On completion of the programme, participants will be awarded an Irish Times Training Diploma in Digital Marketing and will then have the option to go forward for QQI accreditation. The QQI Award is a Minor Award and is positioned at Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), the framework for the development, recognition, and award of qualifications in Ireland. Participants who wish to obtain the QQI Digital Marketing Level 5 Minor Award (5N1364), are required to complete a collection of work (5 short assignments and a Digital Marketing plan), due 6 weeks after the completion of the course. Participants must also attend a minimum of 10 modules.
Applicants to QQI Level 5 courses must:
· Be able to demonstrate the levels of knowledge, skills and competence associated with NFQ level 4. This may have been achieved through a formal qualification or through relevant life and work experience.
· Be aged 18 years or above.
· Be proficient in written and spoken English.
· Be able to attend all timetabled classes and participate in all programmes related activities.
· Be in a position to complete the required number of hours of self-directed learning.