Customs Clearance Upskilling Programme
Over the past number of months we have noted the interest of our member companies in a Customs Clearance upskilling programme. This programme is for all employees, those who have recently joined, or have been internally promoted to the role of Customs Clearance personnel. We aim to give the participants an overview of current arrangements plus to assist them through our Q&A sessions to address particular obstacles that may have appeared.
Course Profile: On the 1st of January 2021 the UK exited the Brexit transition period and left the EU Customs Union and Single Market. For companies importing or exporting goods on the Island of Ireland this meant the introduction of a new set of rules for business to contend with in order to get goods across border. The first few months have been a baptism of fire for many business trading goods with and through the UK with many experiencing difficulties.
Our session will speak to some of the updates there have been in Q1 and the common mistakes and errors for business to watch out for. Building on the learnings from Q1 we aim to equip you with the fundamental knowledge to navigate the new customs rules and support you to explore ways to ensure continuity of your and your partners supply chains whilst avoiding unnecessary costs, disruption and to do so compliantly.
This course is essential for business importing and exporting with the UK and/or submitting customs declarations.
About the course facilitators:
Across Borders Consulting have a specific and deep practical and legal understanding of customs, international trade and supply chain management with staff composed of former Customs Officers, Executive Directors of Customs and Trade teams for large US multinationals and former Directors/Managers from Big Four accounting firms.
This course will cover:
- An update on the post Brexit transition period trading environment;
- Common mistakes and errors being made;
- Imports taxes (duties & VAT) and managing cost effectively;
- Customs Clearance essentials refresh & declarations;
- EU – UK Trade & Co-operation Agreement (TCA) and managing origin rules;
- Incoterms and dealing with GB, EU and ROW suppliers;
- NI protocol and NI customs specifics;
- Importing goods from the EU/ROW via GB land-bridge;
- Customs cost mitigation opportunities;
- Next steps you should consider and business specific supports.
Training & Events