Customer Service Excellence Training
Date and Time
Wednesday Jun 14, 2023
9:30 AM - 3:00 PM IST
Free to attend
*Chamber members must log in or use a promo code to be eligible for member-only rates and options.
For details on how to access the Member Information Centre, please click here.
This course has been designed to help staff working within the retail and hospitality sector increase their self-awareness and improve the impact and effectiveness of their customer interactions.
During the course, learners will analyse the essential ingredients of presenting a professional image i.e. Attitude and Behaviour. The course also covers how to best use their communication skills, how to understand their customers better, manage customer expectations and to make the most of each interaction with the customer, even during very busy periods.
Finally, the course looks at techniques for dealing with difficult customers, how to manage stress levels and remain professional during conflict situations so they can have the confidence needed to deal with difficult situations more effectively when they arise.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
Have a better understanding of why excellent service is critical
Be motivated to make the most of each interaction with a customer
Understand what your customers expect and why
Be able to use their communication skills effectively to make the most of each interaction
Ask the right questions and answer questions professionally
Have a step-by-step approach to handling difficult situations with confidence
Be able to define what a difficult customer is and have methods to handle each type
Below you will find a proposed course outline detailing all the topics covered on the training course.
In addition, we will consult with you before the course commences to get your input. This way we can be sure to address any specific requirements.
TOPIC 1: PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Your role in representing your company
- What are the features of excellent customer service?
- How to present a professional image – our attitude and behaviour
- The customer relationship – building rapport/customer expectations/continued engagement
- Self-assessment of your own style - the associated strengths and weakness
- Active Listening - listening versus hearing
- Non-Verbal Communication - smile/eye-contact/posture/mirroring/para-language
- Measuring customer satisfaction – interpreting body language and vocal tones
- Communicating during busy, stressful periods
- Types of difficult customers - talkative/demanding/indecisive/know-it-all
- Engaging the ‘professional brain' instead of the emotional, reactive brain
- Building confidence and remaining Assertive - being direct, honest and appropriate
- How to deliver unwelcome news/handle difficult questions
- Understanding what causes customers to be demanding/difficult
- Handling criticism, put-downs, arrogance, persistence or patronising behaviours
- Follow up procedure - debriefing management; sharing information with colleagues; ensuring policies are followed
- What do my customers expect from me tomorrow?
Find Out More